This tab contains controls to create and shape the track of your coaster.
Once you have completed your layout it is time to form a full circuit. To connect two ends of the track together, click and drag a selection box around the two vertices (a socket and a plug) you want to connect. Alternately you can hold Control and click on the two vertices. Click on Connect to combine the two vertices into one.
To split the track up, click on a vertex, then click on Split up. The vertex will disappear and be replaced by two separate vertices.
To use, select a minimum of 3 sequential vertices. Clicking on Make Straight will force all vertices to fall into a perfect straight line between the first and the last vertex selected.
To make a section of perfectly straight track, it is recommended to use 4 vertices. The second and third vertices should be set to "Strict". This will ensure the track between the second and third vertices is a perfect straight line. Vertices 1 and 4 control the direction and angle of the straight track along with the curve leading into and out of the straight segment.
Make Straight 2D
Make Straight 2D works in a similar fashion as Make Straight except that it only changes two dimensions (X and Z when used from top view). Make Straight 2D does not alter the depth using the current view.
This function is exceptionally useful for creating straight track of lift hills from using the Top view. To use, change to Top view and select a minimum of 3 sequential vertices, then click on Make Straight 2D. All vertices will be forced into a straight line between the first and last vertices without altering height.
This setting configures how each section of track functions. To set a function, select a section of track in Select/Modify mode. Click on Section Type, then select from the menu that appears.
You can double click on each section to modify special properties for that sections's function.
- Track - This is the default type of track. This type of track performs no special functions and does not have a type settings menu. Note that track style (color, backbone style, supports, tunnels, etc) are defined with Style Separators. These settings are detailed on the Segment Style panel.
- Station - Station sections have multiple special functions designed to allow trains to stop for passengers. Station sections are always blocks.
- Lift - Lift sections are a traditional way to pull a coaster train to the top of a hill. These sections always act as blocks. If the next block is not clear, the train will automatically stop near the top of the lift section.
- Transport - These sections are used to help move the train. These sections can help provide a boost between other sections or launch the train up to a high speed. Transport sections are not capable of stopping a train and do not act as blocks.
- Brake - These sections primarily slow trains down. Brakes can be configured to include transport devices, launch trains after a certain period of time, or just trim the speed of a train to a set amount. Brake sections are configured as blocks by default, but they are not required to always be blocks.
- Storage - Storage sections offer many of the same functions as block brake sections, however they bear an important distinction. The simulation is aware if a storage track is occupied or not, however storage tracks are not considered part of the main coaster's block system. In Automatic Block Mode, NoLimits will not move trains into or out of storage sections.
Opens a specific section type settings panel for the currently selected section, depending on the type of the section this can be:
Opens the Segment Style Settings for the currently selected segment. Each segment of track can be customized with unique style settings such as railings, catwalks, and colors.
Enables the Select/Modify Edit Mode.
Enables the Rotate Edit Mode.
Enables the Start Vertex Edit Mode.
Enables the Add Vertex Edit Mode.
Enables the Insert Vertex Edit Mode.
Enables the Add Roll Edit Mode.
Add Type Separator
Enables the Add Type Separator Edit Mode.
Add Style Separator
Enables the Add Style Separator Edit Mode.
Add 4D Parameter
Enables the Add 4D Parameter Edit Mode.
Enables the Add Trigger Edit Mode.